Ticking Mind is all about innovation and best practice in the secondary classroom. We believe that getting the most out of technology is part of best practice. As such, we embrace web casting as a best practice teaching and learning tool, but also as a practical way of engaging with more teachers across Australia in a more convenient way.
What is webcasting? It's presenting our workshops live, online. It's all the same material and activities - but teachers don't have to travel to attend the workwhop. They login from their computer wherever it is convenient to them.
Ticking Mind uses Slideshare for its web casts. Slideshare is the pre-eminent tool for sharing documents and slide presentations on the web. It also allows presenters to host live meetings, where they talk to their slide presentations, in much the same way as they would in a 'real' presentation. Audience members log in to the presentation (no software download required), and can hear and see the presenter in real time, see the slideshow in real time and type questions and feedback for the presenter to respond to in real time. Watch a short video here to see how it works.
These are the steps for booking into and attending a Ticking Mind web cast:
1. Select a PD from the upcoming Web Cast PDs below.
2. Book online by clicking the 'Book Now' button, selecting the PD or PDs you want to attend in our Booking Shop and fill out your details.
3. 5 days before the PD is scheduled to be broadcast, you will be sent a link and a password to login.
4. A few minutes before the PD is scheduled to start, click on the link provided, supply the password and fill out your name. Then you'll be in the web cast workshop!
5. After the workshop is complete, download a copy of the notes (and a copy of the slideshow if you choose).
|Webcast Workshop||Date||Time*||Session Description||Cost||Book Now|
|20 Best Activities For Teaching Junior Secondary Students Vocabulary, Grammar & Punctuation||27th June||10.30-12.30||$40||Book|
|How To Teach A Great Unit on Ancient China||27th June||1.00-2.15||$20||Book|