- This event has passed.
English graduate teachers’ day out – Shepparton session
March 15, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm$250
This session is aimed at teachers in their early years of teaching English. It is a day that will be rich in practical activities, resources, strategies and advice for teaching years 7-12 English classes. The day will include a number of mini-workshops that will look at:
- Effective strategies to teach texts (including digital texts)
- Effective strategies to teach writing (including vocabulary, sentence structure, creative writing, persuasive writing, essay writing and report writing)
- Effective strategies to teach speaking and listening
- How to give effective feedback (include how to manage time effectively)
- How to design a unit effectively
- Effective web 2.0 tools to use in the English classroom and engaging digital content to teach with
This workshop provides an exciting opportunity for graduates to debrief and share their experiences with other graduates as well as to have a timely experience for reflecting on their pedagogical practice and to identify which activities can enrich it.