- This event has passed.
Year Level Co-ordinator’s Day Out: The Essentials For Filling This Role, Helping Students and Teachers and Working With The School Community
November 25, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm$250
Year level co-ordinators can have a lonely and challenging role. In this session, for people new to the role or looking to refresh their knowledge, year level co-ordinators from Years 7-12 will be given the opportunity to consider these issues and how to respond to them:
- nurturing student motivation and organisation
- managing student/teacher conflict
- managing the expulsion and suspension process
- supporting teachers will difficult students
- understanding and managing student/student conflict
- understanding and managing parent/school conflict
Co-ordinators will be given tools and strategies for establishing their role within the school community, dealing with the broader staff and school administration and developing supportive relationships with students and parents. Meeting with other year level co-ordinators will provide the opportunity to begin developing a supportive network of like-minded workers.